1. THE CONTRACT: This contract is for the short-term holiday rental of one or more cottages at Oatfield Farm and is made between Oatfield Country Cottages (the “Owner” or “us”) and the person making the booking (the “Lead Hirer”) and all members of the holiday party (together the “Hirer” or “you”) as set out below. The contract is not effective until the required deposit payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Lead Hirer. The Lead Hirer is responsible for all persons in the party and should ensure that they are aware of these booking conditions. The Lead Hirer must be at least 18 years at the time of booking and she/he must submit a list of names, addresses and ages of the party to the Owner.
2. BOOKING: Bookings are at the Owners discretion. The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with these booking conditions. Bookings are confirmed in writing following payment of a deposit of 25% of the holiday cost. All bookings (including online bookings) shall only be effective and give rise to a contract when the deposit payment has cleared and your booking has subsequently been confirmed by us via letter or email.
3. PAYMENTS: Payment may be made by credit card (1.5% handling fee), by debit card, cash equivalent or cheque. A deposit equal to 25% of the total cost of any cottage rental is required to secure a booking (except where the first day of the Hirer’s holiday is less than 6 weeks away) in which case full payment should be made at the time of booking. Otherwise the balance of the rental payment will be due 6 weeks before the holiday commencement date (it should be noted that reminders are not routinely sent out). If the balance is not received within the time specified the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
4. CANCELLATION: Once a booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. Where the guest provides card details to the Owner then is agreed that in the event of cancellation the Owner may debit the Hirer's card with the full amount of the holiday less any deposit already paid. If you wish to cancel a booking you must give us notice in writing as soon as possible. Following notice of cancellation the Owner will endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful will refund to the Lead Hirer the relevant portion of the rental amount paid less the deposit which is non-returnable.
5. CANCELLATION INSURANCE: The Owner strongly recommends the Hirer take out holiday Cancellation and Curtailment insurance. If the reason for the cancellation is covered by the policy and the relevant documents are produced, the cost of hire will be met by the insurers.
6. BOOKING ALTERATIONS: Any change in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Owner. Any request by the Hirer for transfer of booking to another cottage may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking. If for reasons beyond its control the Owner has to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Hirer it will make every effort to offer an alternative cottage if one is available. If the Hirer does not accept the alternative offered the Owner will return to the Hirer any monies paid, whereupon the Owner's liability will cease.
7. MULTIPLE BOOKINGS: Where more than one cottage is booked a security deposit of £200 must be lodged with the Owner against damage perpetrated by members of your party.
8. DAMAGES, BREAKAGES & GOOD CONDUCT: The Hirer agrees a) that the supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Hirer at all times; b) to be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition, otherwise a £75 additional cleaning charge may be levied; c) to pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation; d) not to cause nuisance or annoyance to other occupants; e) to allow reasonable access to the cottage by the Owner if it is deemed necessary. If in the opinion of the Owner any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the cottage because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and the Owner may repossess the cottage immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
9. PERIOD OF HIRE/OCCUPANCY: Occupancy shall be from 4pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made (the housekeepers have only a limited time to prepare the cottage for the next guests and you are asked to respect this). The number of persons (excluding babies under 2) occupying a cottage must not exceed the maximum stated in the current cottage description.
10. DOGS: In order to ensure that the Owner continues to welcome dogs the Hirer must undertake the following: a) there must be no more than two dogs at the cottage at any time; b) all dogs must be kept under strict control at all times whilst on the cottage; c) any fouling of lawns, paths etc. must be cleared up without delay; d) the Hirer must bring the dogs’ bedding; e) dogs must not be left in the cottage unattended (save by arrangement with the Owner); f) dogs are not allowed on beds, chairs or sofas. The Owner is unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Doga Argentio even where these types of dogs are muzzled.
11. DESCRIPTIONS: Whilst the Owner makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of cottage descriptions, descriptions are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify information. Whilst the Owner has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, leaflets and advertisements are accurate the Owner reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
12. LIABILITY: Hirer’s use the accommodation and amenities at Oatfield Farm at their own risk. The Owner, its employees or agents are not liable for any injury, loss, damage or expense howsoever arising (save for that occasioned directly by the Owner’s own negligence or willful default in respect of which the amount of said claim shall be limited to the amount covered under the Owner’s then current indemnity insurance). No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
13. COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. We value your custom and hope you will return. If you do have a complaint or problem it should be advised to us as soon as possible so that it can be resolved before departure. As a VisitBritain member the Owner has undertaken to observe the VisitBritain's Registered Agency code of conduct. In the event of an unresolved complaint, the Owner reserves the right to refer the matter to VisitBritain for arbitration.
14. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control such as fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, agricultural controls, epidemics or destruction/damage to property (“force majeure”) you will be refunded the full amount of your rental payment. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above type of reason you will be refunded a prorated amount of your rental payment. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
14. GOVERNING LAW: This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. For the benefit of the Owner to Hirer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.